Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

These must be yours!

While at the library for storytime I took the opportunity to print off some adoption paperwork since our printer is broken........a few of the pages where chinese characters for Cai Wei's photo album (thanks Mary-Mia for offering them on your site!). When I went to the counter to collect and pay for my prints another women (Chinese) got there the same time as I did. The librarian behind the counter looked at the pages in the printer and handed me the ones in english and the other women the pages with chinese characters on them. We both looked at the pages given to us and at the same time said "these are not mine".......we then took the opportunity to exchange papers and smile to each other knowing the mistake was not intentional but a common misperception. The librarian apologized- and looked for an explanation as did the chinese women (I can hear it in her head now....what is this white women doing with those?!) I explained that my husband and I were adopting and she was so excited for us. She thanked me and offered me her name and number if I should need any help with translation/culture/etc. What an interesting trip to the library!

1 Comments:

At 1:43 AM, Blogger M3 said...

Funny! That is one great library trip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home