Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 30, 2006

Favorite Kids Books.....

I thought I'd list my 10 favorite kids books today. My boys can sit and listen to books forever....some I LOVE to read and others I wish would find their way to the pile of lost left socks......but here are my faves.......feel free to add yours too!
1. Where The Wild Things Are - by Maurice Sendak
2. Tumble Bumble- by Felicia Bond
3. Jamberry- by Bruce Degen
4. Goodnight Moon- by Margaret Wise Brown
5. Anything by Dr. Seuss
6. Guji Guji- by Chih-Yuan Chen
7. How Dinosaurs say Goodnight..... (any of them really!) Jane Yolen and Mark Teague
8. The Giving Tree- by Shel Silverstein
9. The Big Red Barn- by Margaret Wise Brown
9 1/2. Stellaluna- by Janell Cannon
10. Polar Express- by Chris Van Allsburg

I could probably add a bunch more......some have messages, some are educational and some are just so sweet- but these "10ish" are my favorites...they have passed the test of two HIGH ENERGY boys- and 5.5 years of story time- The list is beginning to change for us as my older son is aging out of some of the more "babyish" books and we are adding books with chapters but this list would get any new mom or mom of small children through weeks of bedtime routines! I can't wait to hear some of your favorites!

1 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger Avery said...

I'm guessing you are starting the process in January???? Do you know where you are adopting from yet?

http://thebeaversaredead.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home