Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Works For Me Wednesday.....

Wow, I haven't done one of these in a long time! Actually, I realize way too late (usually Thursday!) that I forgot to post- so finally here we go!

Part of our Thanksgiving turkey eating is making turkey soup Friday morning. I love the way it makes the house smell like Thanksgiving all over again. Part of the problem is the soup is too hot for the little ones at lunch time. While the soup is simmering and just about done I fill extra ice cube trays with the broth and freeze them- that way when we heat up the soup for lunch I can pop a couple of "soup cubes" in the boys bowls so the soup cools down but does not lose the flavor! Also, we have a bunch of different ways to eat the soup in this family and to keep me sane here is another trick.......one of my boys prefers noodles in his soup while the 2 of us want rice and the big guy......no extras please! So I boil up some noodles, cook the rice and keep them in separate containers when reheating the soup I put the desired extras in the bowl and let the soup (once hot) reheat the rice/noodles.......works for us!

2 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger Lady Why said...

Oh, that sounds like a great idea. We have put ice cubes in soup but I never thought about freezing the broth so as not to lose the flavor! Great idea!!

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Rae said...

Good idea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home