Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Out of the mouths of babes......

Today we ventured out onto the Air Force Base.....had to get Jr. Spaceman's TB test and get our proof of insurance....seems like 2 very easy tasks to me....I figured I'd be home in time to watch Oprah! NOOOOOOOOO. The first I'll admit TOTALLY my fault- can't have a PPD done today because Friday is a down day and the lab will not be open to read the results. Yup, I goofed- I should have remembered it was veterans day and nothing would be open on base. Easy- no problem, I'll go back next week.

So I walk on over (2 kids in tow) to the Tricare office (our insurance)......"Hi, my name is M. and my husband and I are adopting a little girl from China. Our agency needs proof that we are insured by Tricare and in the event of a successful adoption our daughter will be covered too".....
Nasty lady: "I'm not signing anything". seriously that is what she said.
Me: well, why not?
Nasty lady: because I'm not allowed to. My boss says so. (I swear, I couldn't make this stuff up)
Me: Okay, then can I speak to your boss?
Nasty Lady: Well, you'll have to wait, I'm in the middle of something else right now".
Me: oooooookaaaaay.
Nasty Lady's boss: well, I'm going to tell you the same thing she told you.
and trust me this goes on and on and on.
THEY WILL NOT SIGN ANYTHING SAYING THAT TRICARE COVERS ADOPTED CHILDREN JUST LIKE A BIOLOGICAL CHILD.......

I nearly lost my mind- I pulled the "it is the law" thing.....they know that by the way. I used tears.....didn't budge them......I pulled out pictures....heartless drones barely even looked. So we left with promise to be back tomorrow.-

we get home and my 5 year old says to me "Mama, don't worry about them- they are just chicken lickers anyway"!!!!!! So true Jr. Spaceman!

I'm calling my agency tomorrow and will see if they will accept a print off of the website that clearly states they WILL cover an adopted child- amazing.

2 Comments:

At 12:23 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

Ok it is past midnight. it is infact 12:09 am. I should be in bed. But nooooo, I am trolling the internet while SJ is snoring in the other room. The "chicken lickers" comment made me laugh so loud I thought I was going to wake SJ. I am going to show it to L tomorrow. BTW, she sent a letter to X but I had a momentary lapse in whatever and mailed it without postage so it came back. Will mail it out again! Got to go to bed! I think more sleep would solve half my problems!

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Lisa~~ said...

Your son is too cute with his comments. I think it sweet too that he thinks Maisie is a pretty princess, oh bless!! And "do all babies go to China first", he's on the ball, very quick. Please if you wouldn't mind, send me your email addy as so many times I want to respond to one of your comments, but they don't link back to an email. Thanks. L~~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home