Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, October 07, 2006

That is it?

I cleaned for that? seriously- what was I worried about....okay okay- don't throw things, I know you all told me not to worry and to relax but man I sure was stressed- we had a birthday party at 2:30 and I thought I had plenty of time to finish up when we got back but I totally got talking to the other moms and it was 6pm before I realized it! AGH- quick run to publix...fix small platter of food- last minute straighten up- quick run vacuum again.....spray febreze! and then wait........she had another homestudy appt. a town or two over but when she got here she was so sweet and nice- she has 2 daughters from China and we chatted about them- about my boys- and went over paperwork.....she's coming again next saturday for the big interview......she was about to leave and I asked her (you were right Shan!) if she wanted to see the house......she said sure a "quick" tour would be fine......and that was it. Good thing she is so relaxed because when we meet her next sat. we'll be right off of the beach as the boys have another birthday party to go to........one step closer to Cai Wei!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Blogger t~ said...

No sweat, told ya! It does feel nice to have a clean home, even if they don't look in the junk drawer!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

I am so glad it went well and more importantly that you like her. I think if you have a good relationship with your SW you are golden. Not that it makes a big difference in the write-up of the home study but it just makes it a more pleasant experience. We started off with one HS agency who diddled around and kept stalling. They had this wierd attitude that they were *just* providing a service. I ended up lettng them go just before we were to make our first big payment to them. I hired someone else who we liked so much better. I still keep in touch with my SW by email. Every few months she'll check in to see how we are doing with the wait and what the kids are up to. I am thankful we like our SW so much. I have heard nightmare stories about people who have not liked their SWs and that they were difficult to work with. So, congratulations on having this first meeting over and to having a SW you like!

Shan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home