Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Had to have "the talk"....

No- they are too young for "THAT TALK".....but we did have to have the stranger talk. I took my boys to the lake today (sorry those of you freezing in the north) and as we were packing up to leave I noticed an odd looking man and his "friend" were parked right next to me. I'm pretty friendly so I nodded my head in the "I don't know you but have a nice day fashion"....and he asked "do you have any bread or crackers"...I must have raised an eyebrow because he soon followed up with "for the Geese". I said no, sorry I don't. He then offered "oh- they are hungry and we tried to get some bread earlier but couldn't"......Couldn't? why- is there a bread shortage in Florida? Is the price of gas affecting bread being delivered to the local 7-11 down the street from the lake? As he is talking I am getting more alarmed and packing my car faster (Thank God I put the boys in the car and buckled them first). so I quickly look at him and say "oh, sorry". As I pass his window and begin to get into my car he looks at me- no smile- no "this is a joke laugh" and asks....."then, can I have one of the kids"......so it is 11:15 at night and I am still freaked out-of course all of this happens while my husband is away- clear across the country and I hardly know my neighbors. Great. One glass of wine later and every noise I hear is him trying to get into my house- yes, I am that pathetic- years and years of an overactive imagination- but you have to admit- we live in a weird scary society and that was weird and scary. On a very funny note.....my older son X (5years) brought his squirt gun and although I do not allow him to tease animals....he did get one squirt off toward the goose......(boys!)- the goose then got him back by chasing him for 100 feet or so honking his little goose head off!!!!! X was so scared- I did hug him and tell him it would be okay in between laughing my ASS off!!!!!!!! Little man has been teasing him all day too- sad that a near 3 year old got the funny factor!

4 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

HOLY COW!!!! I would be so freaked out. I am weirded out by people talking to me in parking lots, especially if I have the kids with me. I have had people approach with questions as I am getting the kids in the car and it makes me panicky! I CANNOT believe he said "can I have one of the kids." I am just stunned. Then you have to deal with your husband being away- UGH. Glad you & the kids are safe and sound!
Shannon

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

OH and I have a question- what in the world did you do or say after he said that????

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Thanks for the good wishes- actually I was so freaked out when he said it I blurted something extremely stupid like "no, that's okay- I'm already attached".....of course when I got home I had over a million "good" responses!- I did quickly get in my car and take off- went home in a different direction and locked up the house!- crazy.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Meg-
A friend of mine bought a video created by Julie Clarke (baby einstein) and John Walsh (america's most wanted and father of an abuducted child) which teaches young children about saftey. She says it is excellent. If you are interested here is the link...
http://www.thesafeside.com/familywatchdog/default.asp?CartSourceID=13&LocationID=2

I linked to it from another good site www.familywatchdog.us which allows you to search for criminals living in your area. It shows them by map and then you can click through and see pictures of the offenders.

Take care
Shannon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home