Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Last Night's Conversation.....

Spaceman: Did you see that commercial?
Me: No
Spaceman: Hold on (fumbles with remote0-- rewinds--play)
Me: Yeah- so.
Spaceman: Did you see what they did with that babies cleft lip?
Me: Yeah
Spaceman: Did you know they could do that?
Me: Yeah
Spaceman: Why didn't you tell me?
Me: I don't know. I guess it never came up. Do you have a cleft lip I don't know about and need it fixed? (smart mouthed I know- but I WAS trying to read.....)
Spaceman: No, Smart @$$ but I didn't know they could do that. Maybe we should check into China's special needs program. I just didn't want our daughter to walk around feeling bad about a disability- I didn't know stuff like that could be fixed.
Me: So now you want to go back to China?.......(understand, it took me a LONG time to even consider switching in the first place- there were arguments, tears, blah blah blah......)
Spaceman: I don't know- I didn't consider it before and now I would like too.
Me: Are you freaking kidding me? I did talk to you about this and you said no- absolutely no- you wanted a "healthy" child......are you freaking kidding me?
Spaceman: no, sorry- I'm not kidding you. sorry. are you going to throw that at me. should I duck? I'm sorry. but we can look into it right?
Me: DUCK!
Spaceman: ouch- good shot.
Me: thanks- and I'll get you the info by the end of the week.
(ps- it's okay folks....I'm a trained marriage and family therapist!)

1 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

ACKKK...now I am confused! You defintely have to email me and update me!
Shan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home