Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

God help us........

Bush to order about 20,000 more troops to Iraq

I am in no way a political genious- but...
I'm saddened that more of our countrymen/women will have to lay down their lives for this war.
I'm saddened that Mothers and Fathers will say goodbye to their children hoping and praying it is not the last time.
I'm saddened that wives/husbands will spend endless nights praying for their spouses return.
I'm saddened that some will spend the next few weeks on pins and needles wondering if their loved one will be sent.
I'm saddened that children will not understand why daddy/mommy is leaving AGAIN.
I'm saddened that men will not see their babies be born.
I'm saddened that most of us grew up without knowing war and our children can not say the same thing.......
Today, I'm sad.
Today I pray that God will speak to the leaders of our nation, that they will listen and work hard to find a different way.

1 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

I am so with you on this. I am so so so sad that more men and women will be sent over there, many of whom will not return. I hate that so many families have been torn apart. Just when I was feeling hope that we as a nation could start talking about bringing troops home, Bush annouced he wanted to send so many more over. Heavy heart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home