Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, January 26, 2007

1 MORE DOCUMENT!!! and projects while we wait...



That is right folks! Just waiting on the I-171H to be authenticated (mailed to the consulate today) and then we can be DTC! The remainder of our docs are at the agency as we speak going through review (hoping they pass with flying colors!)......our last docs to travel through authentication at the Houston Consulate were in and out in 8 days- (and that is counting the weekend).....here's to hoping it is even faster since we are far enough away from the holiday's to not still be feeling that backlog......during moments of sanity I laugh at myself because being a military family we are soooooo used to the motto "hurry up and wait"......boy this process is just like that! I did, however, take up a few projects to make the waiting go faster- problem is I've been a "Martha Stewart on speed" so they projects are taking 2 days max to complete! I'll post pics of the rag quilt I made for Cai Wei's crib......it was my first sewing project- and I'm self taught so be nice! I should take pics now since I've washed it....the "ragging" that happens after a trip through the washer and dryer is amazing!
The next project is sanding down a table the boys had- they have a lot of kid sized tables so bringing another one into the house was not an option (so says Spaceman!) so I've decided to girl up the boys animal table- I'm painting it white and then I'll paint one of the chairs pink and the other purple.......I'll put it in her room with a little tea set on it and hopefully the end result will match the vision in my head!
Any other ideas for projects while we all wait?

4 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Love the quilt. Well Done! I have never quilted before and am feeling a bit intimidated by starting mine. I have a bit of time though to figure it out.

Since you like Shabby Chic, have you ever done crackle paint? You could crackle the table and chairs. It is so easy. Email me if you've never done it and want to try it. I crackled L's nursery furniture when she was born. I can send pictures if you want.

Did you see the Jessica Steele aprons?? SOOO cute!
S

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger t~ said...

I love the quilt! My girls bedding is all the shabby chic decor....love it! But I don't have a clue how to do it myself. I'm very impressed!

Which doll is in the bed?

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

glad I gave ya a chuckle!!!
S

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Jen said...

The quilt is beautiful. You're almost there so hang in there!!! You'll be DTC before you know it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home