Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Works For Me Wednesday

Playing Rocks In My Dryer: Works For Me Wednesday along with Shannon today. My tip is for teaching toddlers to catch. Use a balloon filled with air (not helium- unless you are like my mom and only out for a good laugh). Remind them to keep their eye on the balloon and to catch with their hands- The balloon moves through air slower than a ball will and gives the child time to learn to track. It also allows you time to "remind" them to keep their eyes on it.....plus- if they miss there won't be a bruise! Worked for me.....twice!

4 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Fun idea! Thanks for sharing!

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Great idea for the devlopment of hand and eye coordination...
I'll have to pass this to my daughter who teaches Early Childhood Ed.
My WFMW is up :-)

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Hey Meg- I can't get the vision of engaging a toddler (particularly mine) in a game of catch with a balloon filled with helium out of my head. I keep cracking up! I am going to join this works for me wednesday thing next week- looks like a load of fun.
Shannon

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger Meredith said...

I don't know why I never thought of this before! THanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home